Blog post #9

In class we have started using the potters wheel. The process can be very hard because it is so technical. Although, the potters wheel  provides  A new skill for me to use with my art. The process starts with sticking a ball of clay into the center of the wheel and wetting it. The hardest part is to then center the clay. Once centered you can start to create your peice by moving the clay out and up.  Although with the new skill comes new problems. I often find that my bowl rips before I can finish. I started to combat this by making sure the walls had an even thickness all the way through, and I kept the wheel moving at a slower speed.

One thought on “Blog post #9

1. I learned that centering the clay on the potters wheel can be challenging. I also learned that you should always have even wall thickness and that you should always wet the clay in order to work with the clay efficiently. You elaborated very nicely on what to do to start the process of working with the potters wheel. I like that you explained that you need to move the clay up and out. Did you end up keeping your work? If not, do you plan on making one you will keep?