Glazing Empty Bowls & Bisque Firing Pinch Pots

Recently in class we’ve been glazing bowls made by other people in the beginning of the year. After firing the bowls i was surprised yo see how much the glazes had changed the look of the bowls. I liked the variation of colors on the outside of the bowl and on the inside of the bowl. img_1195 I think that the variation in colors helped give the bowl more definition, and it also helped set the bowl apart from what others had done. Although I wasn’t completely happy with the outcome of the glazes. I felt that the glaze on the outside was to light and didn’t have enough coats.img_1194Next time i glaze a bowl i will know to use more coats of glaze, and to spread the glaze evenly. I also noticed that the firing process paired with the glaze tends to make texture on the clay be less prominent. As you can see on my pinch pot my texture isn’t very noticeable after firing.img_1153 This helps me to know for next time I’m using texture to embellish my bowls i need to make the depressions deeper and more noticeable.